CLAT 2024: 11 Tips for Exam Day to help you Crack the CLAT
Worried about getting through your next big exam? Here are 11 test taking strategies that can help you do your best on your CLAT Exam.
Having a well-thought-out exam day strategy is crucial for performing your best in the CLAT examination. Here are some important strategies to consider:
1. Time Management: Allocate specific time for each section based on your strengths and weaknesses. Don’t spend too much time on a single question; if you find a question challenging, move on and come back to it later if time permits.
2. Section Order: Start with the section you find most comfortable. This helps in building confidence and ensures that you secure maximum marks in your strong areas.
3. Read Instructions Carefully: Before starting the exam, carefully read all the instructions provided.
4. Prioritize Easy Questions: Go through the entire paper quickly and solve the questions you find easy first. This ensures that you secure marks for questions you are confident about.
5. Manage Time for Each Section: Keep an eye on the clock and ensure that you allocate time to each section according to its weightage and your level of comfort with the topics.
6. Stay Calm and Focused: If you come across a difficult question, stay calm and composed. Panicking can lead to poor decision-making. Move on to the next question and return to the difficult one later if time permits.
7. Guess Wisely: If you are unsure about the answer to a question, make an educated guess. CLAT has a negative marking scheme, so avoid random guessing. If you can eliminate some options, it improves your chances.
8. Keep Track of OMR Sheets: While marking your answers on the OMR sheet, double-check to ensure that you are marking the correct options. Pay attention to the question numbers and corresponding bubbles.
9. No Last-Minute Cramming: Avoid trying to cram new information on the day of the exam. Focus on reviewing key points and staying calm. Overloading your brain with new information can increase stress.
10. Healthy Habits: Ensure you have a good meal before the exam to maintain energy levels. Stay hydrated but avoid excessive consumption of water to prevent frequent trips to the restroom.
11. Review Your Answers: If time allows, go back and review your answers. Check for any mistakes or questions you may have skipped. It’s better to spend the last few minutes reviewing than to leave questions unanswered.