The Executive Committee of the Consortium of NLUs met at the Permanent Secretariat in NLSIU, Bangalore on 11.12.2019 and announced tentative schedule and other updates on CLAT 2020 in a press release.
1. Schedule of CLAT 2020:
i) Issue of Applications: 01.01.2020
ii) Last date for submission of applications: 31.03.2020
iii) Date of CLAT 2020 Test: 10.05.2020
iv) Uploading of answer keys on Consortium of NLUs website: 11.05.2020
v) Inviting objections: 12.05.2020 to 15.05.2020
vi) Notification of final answer key: 18.05.2020
vii) Declaration of the final results: 24.05.2020
2. Subject Areas of Comprehension based CLAT 2020 Test:
i) English language
ii) Current affairs including general knowledge
iii) Legal Reasoning
iv) Logical Reasoning
v) Quantitative Techniques
3. Number of Questions: 150
4. Duration of CLAT 2020: 120 Minutes
5. Type of Questions: Objective type
6. Negative Marking: Yes, 0.25 marks for each wrong answer
7. The question paper will be prepared keeping in mind the 12th standard level of students appearing for CLAT 2020.
8. Quantitative analysis will be based on 10th standard mathematics content.
9. Consortium of NLUs website shall provide the necessary guidelines, module-wise model question paper and analysis of question paper.
10. Candidates who enroll for CLAT 2020 alone shall be permitted to access these details from the website of Consortium of NLUs.