IIM-Rohtak to offer integrated Law course, selection through CLAT score
It will be a non-residential programme at IIM Rohtak extension campus (Gurugram).
IIM Rohtak is the first IIM to introduce a programme in the cross-functional domain of management & law.
IIM Rohtak has announced five-year integrated programme in Law (IPL) for students after class XII. The interdisciplinary program aims to provide in-depth knowledge of business management with intricate details of law and governance. On successful completion of the academic rigor of Five-years, the participant will be awarded Integrated Degree of BBA-LLB.
The entire programme consists of courses in Business Management and Legal Education. Students will be undergoing several internships and moot courts exercises during the course of the programme.
The programme will create an opportunity for the students to pursue legal education of global standards through a curriculum and pedagogy that best reflects the study of International law, Arbitration law, Competition law, Corporate governance, and Domestic law. Apart from these, students will also undergo courses from the domain of Business Management, International Affairs, Humanities, Public Policy, and Foreign Languages.
Every year, the student will undergo various projects, which include immersive learning opportunities in the form of research work with faculty of IIM Rohtak, Moot Courts, Seminars, and Business Internships. Placement support will be provided to the students completing five years of course of studies.
The course will commence from September this year, the online registration process was started on March 16. Interested candidates can apply at iimrohtak.ac.in. The admission will be based on the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) scores.
This programme by IIM Rohtak is a unique opportunity for students passing Class XII and aiming to pursue a career in corporate law.
|Online Application Opens||March 16, 2021|
|Last date for submission of online Application||May 31, 2021|
|CLAT Examination||June 13, 2021|
|Announcement of Call for Online Personal Interview||Third Week of July 2021|
|Online Personal Interview||First Week of Aug 2021|
|Announcement of Selection List||Third Week of Aug 2021|
|Academic Session begins||Third Week of Sept 2021|
*These timelines are tentative and subject to last minute changes.
IIM Rohtak IPL Admission 2021
Candidates must satisfy the following criteria to apply for this programme.
- General, NC-OBC, and EWS Category: Minimum 60% in standard Xth/ SSC and standard XIIth/ HSC or equivalent examinations, maximum 20 years of age as on July 31, 2021
- SC, ST, and PWD (DAP) Category: Minimum 55% in standard Xth/ SSC and standard XIIth/ HSC or equivalent examinations, maximum 20 years of age as on July 31, 2021
Note 1: Candidates who are likely to complete standard XIIth/ HSC or equivalent by the end of July, 2021 can also apply, subject to meeting the minimum eligibility criteria after the declaration of results (only in case of XIIth standard) as mentioned above. If selected, such candidates will be offered admission to the programme provisionally. At the time of registration for the programme, such candidates must produce Xth and XIIth standard mark sheets (securing minimum marks i.e., 60% for General, EWS, and NC-OBC or 55% for SC, ST, and PWD) along with a school-leaving certificate/migration certificate, failing which the candidate’s admission offer stands cancelled.
Note 2: The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in Xth and XIIth Standard would be calculated based on the aggregate marks of the best five subjects that appear in the mark sheet/grade sheet, irrespective of the Board’s regulation. In case the candidates are awarded letter grades or grades points instead of marks, the conversion of grades to a percentage of marks of best five subjects would be based on the procedure certified by the Board/ Competent Authority explaining the method of conversion from where they have obtained the certificate.
Stage I: Online Registration
- Interested applicants who fulfill the above-mentioned eligibility criteria will fill the registration form that aims at evaluating the applicant’s proficiency in academics as well as in extra-curricular activities.
- Applicants for admission to the programme will be shortlisted on the basis of the CLAT Examination (Common Law Admission Test)
- The eligible applicants will pay the non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 3890/- (Three Thousand Eight Hundred Ninety only)
|Registrations open||March 16, 2021|
|Registrations close||May 31, 2021|
Stage II: Shortlisting and Online Personal Interview
- The shortlisted applicants will be called for the Online Personal Interview on the basis of Past Academics and CLAT score of 2021.
- The announcement of Call for Online Personal Interviews (PI) will be done in the Third Week of July 2021(Tentative).
- The candidates during their personal interviews will be evaluated on the basis of their academics, general awareness, and communication skills.
- The interviews are proposed to be held in the First Week of August 2021 (Tentative)
Stage III: Announcement of Selection List and Offer Acceptance
- The final Merit List will be generated based on the composite score as mentioned below:
|Personal Interview (PI)||15|
|Past Academics (10th and 12th)||40|
- The announcement of Merit/rank List and sending of Offer Letters to the selected candidates will be done by Third Week of August 2021. The candidates receiving the offer letter for IIM Rohtak IPL Admission 2021 and accepting the offer within the stipulated date will require to deposit Offer Acceptance Amount (OAA) as mentioned in the offer letter through online payment link.
Total Programme Fee of the IPL Programme at IIM Rohtak is as under:
S.No. Academic Year Fee (INR)
1. First Year Rs. 6,50,000/-
2. Second Year Rs. 7,00,000/-
3. Third Year* Rs. 7,50,000/-
4. Fourth Year* Rs. 8,02,000/-
5. Fifth Year* Rs. 8,60,000/-
Total Rs. 37,62,000/-
*Subject to change based on approx. inflation
Phone: 01262-228505/ 7082118100
Indian Institute of Management Rohtak
Main Campus: Management City, Southern Bypass, NH 10, Sunaria, Rohtak, 124010 (Haryana), India
Extension Campus: Gurugram