PM SHRI Schools
* PM Modi, on the occasion of Teacher’s Day, announced a new scheme — PM-SHRI Yojana to develop 14,500 schools as model schools.
* The schools will be equipped with modern infrastructure, including labs, smart classrooms, libraries, and sports facility.
PM SHRI Yojana:
* PM SHRI Yojana stands for PM ScHools for Rising I
* It will be a centrally-sponsored scheme.
* Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS) are those schemes which are implemented by the state government but sponsored by the central government with a defined shareholding.
* Upgradation & development of more than 14,500 schools across the country by strengthening the selected existing schools from amongst schools managed by Central Government/ State/ UT Government/ local bodies.
* The schools will showcase all components of the National Education Policy 2020 and act as exemplar schools and also offer mentorship to other schools in their vicinity.
* Pedagogy adopted in these schools will be more experiential, holistic, integrated, play/toy-based (particularly, in the foundational years) inquiry-driven, discovery-oriented, learner-centered, discussion-based, flexible and enjoyable.
* Focus will be on achieving proficiency in learning outcomes of every child in every grade.
* Assessment at all levels will be based on conceptual understanding and application of knowledge to real life situations and will be competency-based.
* These schools shall also be developed as green schools with water conservation, waste recycling, energy-efficient infrastructure and integration of organic lifestyle in curriculum.
* The aim of these schools will not only be qualitative teaching, learning and cognitive development, but also creating holistic and well-rounded individuals equipped with key 21st century skills.